Most people have heard of CBD, it seems to be everywhere these days! But did you know there are more than 100 different cannabinoids found in cannabis/hemp plants? These are the five that I recommend most in my medical practice:
1. CBD (Cannabidiol) – This cannabinoid slows the breakdown of our naturally produced endocannabinoids and helps balance the nervous and inflammatory systems. It is the cannabinoid I usually recommend patients try first.
2. THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) – 9-delta THC, in particular, is the active ingredient in marijuana that can cause a euphoric or intoxicating effect. This effect can be minimized by taking smaller doses more often (something known as micro-dosing). The intoxicating effects can also be mitigated by taking it along with CBD.
3. CBN (Cannabinol) – This non-intoxicating cannabinoid is what THC becomes over time; it can also be derived directly from hemp. It is very helpful for sleep, both falling asleep and staying asleep.
4. CBGA (cannabigerolic acid) – Sometimes known as the “mother cannabinoid”, both THC and CBD are derived from this cannabinoid. CBGA is made by both hemp and marijuana plants and is most helpful for treating pain and inflammation.
5. CBG (cannabigerol) – A minor cannabinoid found in trace amounts in both hemp and marijuana plants. I find it most helpful with anxiety, irritability, depression, and insomnia.
Are you ready to learn to more about medical cannabis?
Consider visiting our Wholistic ReLeaf website to see if medical cannabis may be helpful to you.
Take good care,